TRAK ("us", "we", or "our") operates https://trak.fm (the "Site", the "Service", and the "Platform"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the access and use of our Platform.
About the Platform
The TRAK platform allows you to share music and audio you created to thousands of listeners and content creators alike. To learn more about TRAK, view our About page.
Registration; Rules for User Conduct and Use of the Service
You must be at least 13 years old to register for and use the TRAK platform.
If you are a user who signs up for the Service, you will create a personalized account which includes a unique username and a password to access the Service and publish content. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password and / or account. TRAK will not be responsible for any liabilities, losses, or damages arising out of the unauthorized use of your member name, password and / or account.
Your permission to use the Site is conditioned upon the following Use Restrictions and Conduct Restrictions:
You agree that you will not under any circumstances:
- · post any information that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory, libelous, or racially, sexually, religiously, or otherwise objectionable and offensive;
· use the service for the promotion of illegal activities or any unlawful purpose under United States and international laws;
· attempt to, or harass, abuse or harm another person or group;
· use the platform to solicit passwords, personal, or identifying information of other users for unintended, commercial, or unlawful purposes;
· use another user’s account without permission;
· access or use any features that you do not have the permission or right to utilize;
· provide false or inaccurate information when registering an account;
· interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Service;
· make any automated use of the system, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure;
· bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the Service or use any software, technology, or device to scrape, spider, or crawl the Service or harvest or manipulate data; or
· publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer.
Posting and Conduct Restrictions
When you create your own personalized account, you may be able to provide (“User Content”). You are solely responsible for the User Content that you post, upload, link to or otherwise make available via the Service. You agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. TRAK, however, reserves the right to remove any User Content from the Service at its discretion.
The following rules pertain to User Content. By transmitting and submitting any User Content while using the Service, you agree as follows:
- · You are solely responsible for your account and the activity that occurs while signed in to or while using your account;
· You will not post information that is malicious, false or inaccurate;
· You are solely responsible for any information that you post, and the posting of any copyrighted materials without the copyright holder's permission is strictly prohibited;
· You will not submit content that is copyrighted or subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy, publicity, trade secret, etc., unless you are the owner of such rights or have the appropriate permission from their rightful owner to specifically submit such content; and
· You hereby affirm we have the right to determine whether any of your User Content submissions are appropriate and comply with these Terms of Service, remove any and/or all of your submissions, and terminate your account with or without prior notice.
You understand and agree that any liability, loss or damage that occurs as a result of the use of any User Content that you make available or access through your use of the Service is solely your responsibility. TRAK is not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User Content. We manually monitor and review user-generated content. TRAK does not, and cannot, pre-screen or monitor all User Content. However, at our discretion, we, or technology we employ, may monitor and / or record your interactions with the Service.
contact the TRAK Policy Enforcement Team.
Online Content Disclaimer
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Service, but not directly by TRAK, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. TRAK does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Service and neither does TRAK adopt nor endorse, nor is TRAK responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by parties other than TRAK. TRAK takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any User Content that you or any other user or third party posts or sends over the Service. Under no circumstances will TRAK be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information or other content posted on the Service, or transmitted to users.
Links To Other Sites And / Or Materials
As part of the Service, TRAK may provide you with convenient links to third party website(s) (“Third Party Sites”) as well as content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the “Third Party Applications, Software or Content”). These links are provided as a courtesy to Service subscribers. TRAK has no control over Third Party Sites and Third Party Applications, Software or Content or the promotions, materials, information, goods or services available on these Third Party Sites or Third Party Applications, Software or Content. Such Third Party Sites and Third Party Applications, Software or Content are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by TRAK, and TRAK is not responsible for any Third Party Sites accessed through the Site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content posted on, available through or installed from the Site, including the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability, privacy practices or other policies of or contained in the Third Party Sites or the Third Party Applications, Software or Content. Inclusion of, linking to or permitting the use or installation of any Third Party Site or any Third Party Applications, Software or Content does not imply approval or endorsement thereof by TRAK. If you decide to leave the Site and access the Third Party Sites or to use or install any Third Party Applications, Software or Content, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Site or relating to any applications you use or install from the site.
Subscriptions, Payments, and Refund Policy
Products include, but are not limited to, subscriptions and digital downloads. TRAK does not issue refunds for digital products once the order is confirmed and the product is sent. A 7-day free trial period of our Premium subscription is available to all users. Payment details are not required to activate this free trial period, nor is cancellation required. Your account's Premium status will be automatically removed upon the ending of the trial period. Therefore, refunds are not issued for any subscription purchase. Subscription purchases are subject to renewal after the ending of your selected paid subscription period. If you are experiencing any issue with a payment, please contact us at [email protected]
(a) Termination of Repeat Infringer Accounts
TRAK respects the intellectual property rights of others and requests that the users do the same. Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(i) of the United States Copyright Act, TRAK has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users of the Service who are repeat infringers. TRAK may terminate access for participants or users who are found repeatedly to provide or post protected third party content without necessary rights and permissions.
(b) DMCA Take-Down Notices
If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe, in good faith, that any materials provided on the Service infringe upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (see 17 U.S.C 512) (“DMCA”). Copyright complaints may be made directly on the page of the infringing material by following this guide using your account, or, alternatively, by sending the following information to TRAK at [email protected]:
1. The date of your notification;
2. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
3. A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
4. A description of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information sufficient to enable us to locate such work;
5. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and/or email address;
6. A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
7. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
If you believe that your User Content that has been removed from the Site is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your User Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to TRAK using the contact information set forth above [[email protected]]:
1. Your physical or electronic signature;
2. A description of the content that has been removed and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed;
3. A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
4. Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in Illinois and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by the TRAK team, TRAK may send a copy of the counter-notice to the original complaining party informing such person that it may reinstate the removed content in 10 business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may (in TRAK’s discretion) be reinstated on the Site in 10 to 14 business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice.
By posting any User Content via the Service, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have a right to grant, to TRAK a royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, if applicable, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, for use in connection with the Service.
You acknowledge and agree that we and our licensors retain ownership of all intellectual property rights of any kind related to the Service, including applicable copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights. Other product and company names that are mentioned on the Service may be trademarks of their respective owners. We reserve all rights that are not expressly granted to you under this Agreement.
All trademarks, copyrights, registered names, logos, and marks used or cited by this Platform are the property of their respective owners and TRAK in no way accepts any responsibility for an infringement on any copyrighted material posted on this Platform.User Consent To Receive Communications In Electronic Form
We may also use your email address, to send you other messages, including information about TRAK and special offers. You may opt out of such email by changing your account settings in the notifications panel or by sending an email to [email protected] Opting out may prevent you from receiving messages regarding TRAK, your account, or special offers.
THE SERVICE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, TRAK EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE SERVICE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, TRAK MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF DAMAGES; RELEASE
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL TRAK, ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OR EMPLOYEES, OR ITS LICENSORS OR PARTNERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, OR DATA, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, HOWEVER ARISING, THAT RESULT FROM (A) THE USE, DISCLOSURE, OR DISPLAY OF YOUR USER CONTENT; (B) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (C) THE SERVICE GENERALLY OR THE SOFTWARE OR SYSTEMS THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE; OR (D) ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH TRAK OR ANY OTHER USER OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT TRAK HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, you release us (and our officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. If you are a California resident, you waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion of the Agreement will be construed consistent with applicable law. The remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. Any failure on the part of TRAK to enforce any provision of this Agreement will not be considered a waiver of our right to enforce such provision. Our rights under this Agreement will survive any termination of this Agreement.
You agree that any cause of action related to or arising out of your relationship with TRAK must commence within ONE year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
Last Revision: May 1, 2019